Every human on the planet has a desire, everyone wishes to be something or someone. “If I were a” is a simple line yet it has different meaning for every person. But even after having after different meanings it has one common purpose if I were “this” I could do “that”.
What People desire:
If we ask different person to complete the line “If I were a” every answer will be different such as:
- If we ask a child to complete this sentence he/she will give us a bunch of answers such as If I were a Doctor so that could help save lives or if I were a pilot, I could fly all over the world and lots of answers that one can imagine from a child.
- If we ask a teenager to complete this sentence he/she will answer I were a Teen Idol so I could teach them some moral values and especially not to get addicted to drugs.
- If we ask someone who wishes to be an engineer he/she will answer if I were an engineer, I would build a machine or do something for the greater good of humanity.
- If we ask someone who wishes to be a doctor he/she will answer if I were a doctor, I could save lives.
- If we ask scientists, they would answer if I were better than myself I could do something to save the earth.
Some people just desire to have a simple and ordinary life to grow up>grow old>die, they never wish more from life; And then there are few who desire everything, there wishes never come to an end!
The point being no one wants to be themselves, everyone wishes to be something bigger or greater. On a humorous note only the broken lovebirds wish to be themselves.
Apart from what we desire let’s try to be what we actually are, what we actually should be not what others want us to be!!
Let’s Be HUMAN Again